KOLKATA, January 12: TV9 Bangla, the Bengali news channel of TV9 Network, the No 1 news network in the country, organised ‘Brands of Bengal’ at Hyatt Regency recently. It honoured a handful of successful businesses spanning a range of sectors who have already made their mark in their domains in this state and hold out a promising future. Apart from the felicitation, panel discussions were held with the award-winning businessmen and homegrown start-ups in of sectors such as healthcare, food, education, real estate, finance, technology and FMCG. Three panels brainstormed on issues that posed challenges to the business community of the state in order to have a clear understanding of the path that lay ahead of them and the roadmap to future investments in Bengal.
The topics that the panels discussed were (Banglar Byabsha: Samashya O Samadhan) Business in Bengal: Problems and Solutions, (Banglaye Start-Up: Bhobisyot) the future of startups in Bengal and Shilpe Medha: Porijayi Sankot (Migration of talent: Challenge for Industry.)
The awards were handed to the businessmen by Shiv Siddhant Kaul, Managing Director, Nicco Engineering Services Ltd., Honorary Consul General Republic of Korea & Chairman CII, Eastern Region and Debashis Dutta, Chairman, CII, Logistics, Warehousing & MMT Subcommittee (CII, ER) and Managing Committee Member, The Bengal Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCC&I).
In between the panel discussions, prominent singers Rupankar Bagchi, Durnibar Saha and Jojo regaled the audience with their performances.
Some of the businessmen whose contribution in the state was recognised by TV9 Bangla Brands of Bengal included:
- Bhadreswar Rice Mill (Lalbaba Rice) – Excellence in Rice Brand of Eastern India
- Bharati Diagnostic Centre – Excellence in Diagnostic Care
- Orient Gems & Ornaments Pvt Ltd (Orient Jewellers) – Excellence in Gold and Diamond Retail Outlets Chain of North Bengal
- Bhooter Raja Dilo Bor – Excellence in Culinary Delight
- Poly Majumder Mini Rice Mill (Appayan Rice) – Excellence in Manufacturing of Husking Rice
- Samata Cooperative Development Bank Ltd – Excellence in Cooperative Banking Services
- Bidhan Shishu Udyan – Excellence in All Round Human Development
- Excellence in All Round Human Development – Excellence in Skill Development
- Nopany Institute – Excellence in Career Oriented Education
- Global Institute of Management Studies (GIMS) – Excellence in Placement in Hotel and Hospitality Management
- Jai Balaji Group (JBG) – Excellence in Real Estate Ancillary
- Sontoshima Enterprise & Sontoshima Udyog – Excellence in Multipurpose Packaging
- Tek Foods – Excellence in FMCG Industry
- M R Group of Colleges & Hospitals – Excellence in Higher Education and Health Care Sector
Brands of Bengal will be telecast on 14th January, Sunday 09.30 am onwards only on TV9 Bangla.